1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
2 tbsp mild curry powder
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp cinnamon
1 large sweet potato
1 can chickpeas, drained
400g chopped tomatoes
200g spinach, washed, stemmed and coarsely chopped
1. Peel and chop the sweet potato and boil for about 10-15 minutes until soft then drain and set aside.
2. While the potatoes cook, heat the oil in a pan and add the onions, and gently cook for 2-3 minutes, until they begin to soften.
3. Add the spices to the pan and stir to coat the onions.
4. Add the tomatoes and chickpeas, and stir to combine, along with 100ml of water then increase the heat until simmering.
5. Add the sweet potatoes and the spinach and simmer until the potatoes are fully cooked.
6. Serve with flatbreads or rice.